Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) Service Administrator
full time, permanent
Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters is currently seeking to recruit a full time permanent Service Administrator based in offices in Dublin.
The Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) is an independent body, funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board (CIB). The Regulatory Centre for Irish Sign Language Interpreters Ireland CLG has been established for the purpose of maintaining the Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI), a voluntary, national, professional register.
The registration system is referenced in the 2017 Irish Sign Language Act (referred to as an ‘accreditation scheme’) and the National Disability Inclusion Strategy 2017 – 2021.
- Establish and maintain a standards-based registration system for Irish Sign Language Interpreters to ensure protection primarily for the Deaf community and service providers.
- Set the standards for the provision of Irish Sign Language interpreting that all public bodies require.
- Support public bodies through access to a public register of interpreters.
- Support professional Irish Sign Language interpreters to meet and maintain standards.
- Promote social inclusion of Irish Sign Language users by supporting the use of registered interpreters including access to public bodies.
- Social inclusion and access for Deaf sign language users
- Quality within sign language interpreting
- Availability of sign language interpreting in Ireland
- Support for service providers, particularly public services to facilitate the use of sign language interpreting services
- Promote the integrity of ISL interpreting in the public interest.
The register promotes best practice, setting principles drawing on national and international standards for Sign Language Interpreting. Register principles are:
- Balance: actions will be appropriate to the risks posed and costs identified
- Accountable: operations are based on rational and sound decisions
- Fair: rules and standards will be implemented fairly
- Focus: regulation will focus on the problem and minimise side effects
- Agile: endeavour to anticipate and adapt to change as required
- Transparent: regulations and processes will be open and user friendly
- Embedded: account will be taken of Irish context, the Irish Deaf community, and stakeholders
The Service Administrator is responsible for providing a high-level administrative support to the RISLI Manager. The Service Administrator will assist the Manager and Board of Directors, as appropriate, in the work of the RISLI and the development of its services, and will ensure the maintenance and development of high quality administrative systems and practices throughout the organisation.
- This is a full-time, permanent position, subject to completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Hybrid working is available. There is a requirement to attend the office in Deaf Village Ireland, Cabra, two days a week minimum and to be available for remote calls as necessary during the working day.
Reports to: The manager of RISLI.
Salary scale Salary scale: €27,844- €41,093 (including two long-service increments). Pro rata for part-time staff.
Incremental Credit: It is expected, that all new entrants to RISLI will be appointed at point one of the salary scale. However, RISLI Service operates an incremental credit process for appointments higher than point one. This process is applicable to new entrants into RISLI. Incremental credit criteria, based on the competencies for the role, are assessed against employment history as laid out in the application form only. A request for incremental credit from a successful candidate must be made within the first three months of employment. The decision on whether to award an incremental credit is a decision made by the Board and is subject to the availability of funding.
Applications must be made on the relevant application form and sent to:
(Clearly marked “Application for RISLI Service Administrator Position”)
Closing date: 14th February 2024 at 5pm (Late applications will not be accepted)
A detailed candidate pack and application form can be accessed at: www.risli.ie
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available here
RISLI is an equal opportunities employer